Monday, July 12, 2010

Time is getting close. I am headed for Alaska Friday morning for a week of fishing. I will be in a different location from my previous Alaskan fishing trips and guess I be fishing the Kenai River for Red Salmon. My past trips we were targeting silver (Coho) salmon which are a wonderful sport fish and taste good to boot. I understand that the red salmon smoke up the best and I smoke almost all the fish I catch I figure this will work out well.

There will be four of us on the trip my buddy Jim, Scott, his wife Nancy and myself. We have a cabin lined up that is within walking distance of the river and is in or very near the town of Soldotna. The trip it self has spiraled a little out of control for price but, there is a quote I that like “Life is a big canvas, throw all the paint you can” and that is how I am approaching this trip.

I am sure that I will have a number of adventures to report when I return. Until then take care and be safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip buddy...