Sunday, January 11, 2009

The season is over for my San Diego Chargers. They were knocked out of the playoffs by the Steelers. But such is life...
I did not go to the gun show this weekend. The news reported 11,000 people showed up on Saturday alone. This is the last big gun show for this area before Obama is sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. This is going to be interesting time in America's history. Mr Bill Orielly had a poll on his web sight asking if you were rooting for Obama to succeed. This was a yes or no question. This question goes so much deeper then yes or no. If I want Obama to succeed in unfettered abortions, stripping away the bill of rights (doing away with the second amendment). spreading the wealth around, deploying his citizens force as well funded and well armed as the military (his words not mine). Then NO I do not want Obama to succeed. Do I want him to fix the economy, then yes I want him to succeed.

It is nine days until Obama takes over. I have to wonder if he will turn his back on Israel. In one of his books he stated that if things go bad he will stand with the Muslims. Going to be intresting. I will pray for my country and for it's leaders and wait to see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken,

Sounds like you have much time for reflection in retirement. I too am worried of the future with Obama in charge. I feel we will soon see his true self when push comes to shove. I am not happy the Republican's have so far just laid down to let him have an easy transition. Time to become a conservative Independent. Pat

Kenny said...

I believe I will register as an independent. The republican's are not the same party they were when Regan ran the show. They have disappointed beyond my wildest dreams.