Saturday, April 01, 2006

What a day, we had a little of everything. Snow, Rain, sleet, hail, thunder, and lighting. So I did not go fishing; but I did go to a small gun show, a garage sale, and went shooting. At the gun show I bought 500 rounds of 38 spl that came in an ammo can. I also picked up 50 rounds of .380. On the way home I saw the garage sale so I stopped by and I picked up a high chair for when the new grandbaby comes over. My daughter is due at the end of June. When I got home with all my stuff I grabbed my Marlin lever action rifle, chambered in .357 ran up the canyon and did some shooting. It was pouring down rain and snow. So I put my ear plugs in a shot out of the cab of the truck. State law says you are not allowed to shoot out of a vehicle, but I did not see any harm. I was not hunting and nobody else was around for miles. It was a lot easier to pick up my brass when I was done it was all on the floor of the truck. I wonder if there would be a market for a drive through shooting range. You could shoot for the comfort of your air conditioned vehicle. You could run by after taking the bride to the grocery store, pop of a hundred rounds or so and head home before the ice cream starts to melt. The bride could shoot from the back seat or do her crocheting while you shoot. I see this as a win win situation.

No comments: